In a competitive real estate market, presentation is a critical element to success. Home staging is becoming more widely accepted these days, and the folks at MJT Property Styling kindly shared these few tips with me a short time ago.
Five reasons you should never sell an empty property:
1. Empty rooms draw attention to cosmetic imperfections – like scratches and marks on the walls and carpet indentations.
2. 83% of buyers have trouble envisioning how an empty space will look and feel as their home.
3. Your listing won’t stand out in advertising against competing properties.
4. You can’t eliminate dead space which (if staged) could have great potential.
5. Having furniture in a property allows the buyer to lose their hearts. Most buyers commit to a purchase based on an emotional connection, rather than logic & reason.
Remember, it may only take seconds for a potential buyer to decide whether they like or dislike your property. Don’t leave that first impression to chance.
I’m always open to a no-obligation chat. Fill out the form below and I'll get in touch as soon as possible.
Thinking of selling your home during the summer holiday season? Here's what you need to know to get a great result (and a holiday break!)...Read article
After a 2 to 3 year period of stalled value growth, I feel that the Auckland housing scene is waking up from its slumber and moving upward. Read on to find out why...Read article
After 24 years of service as a professional Fire Fighter, I've prepared some of the leading tips to help protect you, your loved ones, and keep your home safe this Winter...Read article